Thursday, February 9, 2012

Two Months! Two Months!

Ryan turned two months old yesterday!  And he turned 9 weeks old today!  He went to the doctor this morning for his 2 month wellness appointment, so while we were excited to find out how much he's grown, Ryan was not excited about getting his first round of shots.  Poor guy! Anyway, here's his update:

--He weighs 12 lbs 2 oz.  He is a MONSTER!  I was estimating that he was probably about 11lbs, give or take some.  I wasn't expecting to be off by a full pound!  It's clear he doesn't miss many meals. 
--He is 22.2 inches long now.  Joe thinks that the nurse possibly measured him incorrectly, due to our very accurate and precise measurement awhile ago.  I suppose we'll see how much he's grown at his 4 month appointment and then decide if the nurse measured incorrectly.  
--His head circumference is 39.8cm.  He has a nice sized head, nice and round. 

So overall, he is short, fat, with a normal sized head.  Sounds good to me!  But we're still questioning the length.  He doesn't seem like he's only the 25th percentile for height!  He seems like a big baby to me!  Nevertheless, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he didn't get my height genes. 

Ryan before his shots.  See how concerned he looks?
So after the doctor checked Ryan out, looked in his ears, felt his belly, answered my gazillion questions, etc, the nurse came in.  With a tray full of syringes.  And band-aids.  And then Ryan was prepped for his vaccines and had his thighs wiped down with alcohol.  The first vaccine was an oral dose of something.  Ryan didn't like that one at all.  It was a huge oral dose of something that apparently tasted like garbage, because Ryan spit a lot of it out.  Hopefully he didn't spit so much out that it was a waste of a vaccine.  And then, the nurse gave him his three shots.  Yes, three.  And Ryan cried...and then SCREAMED....and then he was ok :) I was fully prepared to start nursing him immediately afterward, but by the time Joe picked him up, and rocked him back and forth like twice, Ryan wasn't crying anymore.  He took them like a champ!  The nurse left the room and Joe and I debated whether or not I should nurse him for comfort, but then ultimately decided to come on home, because Ryan was fine!  No fussiness yet!  No comforting needing!  He slept most of the way home from the doctor and is now enjoying a nice long nap (which is RARE for him).

In other news/updates, Ryan rolled over all by himself on Tuesday!  We were in the middle of doing tummy time, and we practiced how to roll over once.  And then he did it all by himself!  It was awesome!  My guess it was probably because he hated being on his tummy for tummy time, but this just means he's very determined and stubborn, right?  Apparently once was enough because he hasn't done it since, either.  There's that stubbornness again.

All in all, it's been a pretty eventful week!  I am also never again going to talk about how wonderful Ryan has been doing with sleeping at night, because it seems that every time I do, then he resorts back to his old newborn I'm-only-going-to-sleep-for-2-hours-and-be-really-fussy-in-the-middle-of-the-night-so-nobody-else-can-sleep ways for awhile.  That's where we are now.  Again.

I'll upload pictures soon (yeah, yeah, I know, I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment