Monday, September 29, 2014

final weeks of September, 2014

Yes, I know I had big plans and full intentions of updating this blog more regularly, but seriously, this work-home balance thing is HARD.  Really really hard (that's what she said).  It's so hard to find free time to update the blog that wins out over doing/folding laundry, cleaning the kitchen, or some other chore that's been neglected.  For example, as I type this, I have five loads (yes, five) of laundry that need to be folded and one more that's in the dryer waiting to be taken out.  Waiting since Saturday.  Needless to say, updating the blog has taken a backseat.  So instead, maybe I'll try to update biweekly or even just once a month.  I know all 4 of my readers are just sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for an update! :)

Since the last post, I've been working lots (duh) and savoring the few waking hours I get to spend with Ryan.  It's not a very pleasant thought to know that in an entire day, I maybe get to see Ryan for 3 waking hours.  That's about it!  We try to fill those 3 hours with lots of quality time (and no internet/TV time).  In the past few weeks, we've spent lots of time at parks and playgrounds, cooking (making Rice Krispy treats and other tasty treats!), celebrating birthdays, spending time at Pullen Park and taking evening walks.  I try not to check my phone, get on the Internet, or watch TV during my 3 waking hours with Ryan because I don't want to waste them.

Here are some of my favorite moments from the past few weeks:

Ryan was being ridiculous at Pullen Park one afternoon.  I love this kid :)

Such a huge accomplishment for my sweet boy.  He hasn't been a fan of these things at the playground (anyone know what they're called?), but on this day, he decided to just conquer them and show them who's boss!

Swinging at the top of the slide.  Mommy is not a big fan of this.

Enjoying the park on a beautiful afternoon!

Making Rice Krispy treats!

Someone is a huge fan of this :)

My budding chef - always wants to help out in the kitchen!

Giving me a fake smile, but he's happy about his Crazy Sand!

Ryan's new "funny face"

Cousins and best friends!

Celebrating Titi's birthday!  Ryan ran up and blew out the candle (one of his favorite things to do).

Counting the number of armrests on the benches at Pullen Park (there are 21, for the record)

"NO, I'm NOT going to smile".  

Eyeing the goose he chased earlier.

Another afternoon at the playground?  Don't mind if I do!

Got some mulch in his shoes and was not interested in smiling.

Ryan wanted to climb and stand on the top rung.  I said no.  He's testing me.

My happy sweet boy!
Eating ice cream with his "best" :)

Hanging out at the playground

Trying to get as many evening walks in as possible.

Beautiful evening fall sky

A new playground!

Testing the limits!

Ryan generally doesn't like sandboxes.  He hates getting sand in his shoes.  This was a big moment for him.

Cheesin' with my boy!

Practicing his ninja warrior moves

love this look of sheer determination!

practicing rock climbing!  

Do you know how much I miss my summer with my sweet boy?  I miss waking up with him, playing trains and towers with him, making porridge, going to the pool, going to Marbles, going EVERYWHERE with him, reading books, etc.  He is so much fun to be around!

Today, I was bringing him home from Oma's house and I told him that he needed to take a nap (he's a bear if he doesn't nap, but he's fighting his naps like crazy lately).  He said "I'm sorry, Mommy, but NOPE, I'm not going to take a nap.  NOOOOOOPE".  Are you serious???  Five minutes later, he was conked out in his "captain's chair".  Silly boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment