Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer 2014 - Day 8 & 9

Wednesday, June 25th - Day 8

Happy Birthday to Oma!

Today, Ryan wore me out!  I don't know how today was any different than any other day but I am beat!  We woke up this morning, and Ryan wanted to play trains and build towers immediately.  Then we made porridge for breakfast and played with towers and trains a little bit more:
Mmmmm, porridge!


Look at my big tower!


Such a cutie!


We took another trip to Marbles and Ryan immediately wanted to go upstairs and play basketball some more.  He also played in the other areas up there, but spent most of his time with the basketball and hoops.

balancing, balancing, balancing

This kid loves to bounce.

Money shot!

Learning how to use tools, just like Daddy!
We were at Marbles for two hours, and we went to the bathroom twice and had NO ACCIDENTS!  WOO HOO!  During the last Marbles trip we had one accident, so this is progress, friends!  After Marbles, we came home, at lunch, and then spent some time in the bounce house (I told you - my boy LOVES to bounce).  Then we took our afternoon naps :)  Ryan went to the pool after his afternoon nap, but was only in the water for about 5 minutes when they closed the pool for thunder - a much-too-common event this summer!  Here's Ryan after his not-so-long pool trip:

My watermelon monster!

Since he didn't get much pool time in, we decided to give him a nice long bath in the "big tub" before bed and tried to make it extra fun by adding bubbles....I definitely added waaaayyyy too many bubbles.

About 30 seconds after adding the bubbles....

About 3 minutes after adding the bubbles.  WHOOPS!
He LOVED taking his bath in the big tub (my and Joe's bathtub)!


Thursday, June 26th - Day 9

I didn't really have anything planned for today - but sometimes the best days are completely unplanned and we end up doing whatever we want.  After Ryan woke up, we went downstairs and built some towers (surprise surprise!) and then put together the alphabet train:

Walking along the alphabet train!


Making sure everything is lined up perfectly!

Ryan does really well with the alphabet train - he knows which letters go in which order, but sometimes struggles with getting the pieces to fit together.  We compromise and he will find the piece and hand it to me and I'll attach it to the back of the train during the times of frustration :)

After more playtime at home, we went to the pool for a bit:

Munching on a granola bar during the break

Ryan didn't want to venture to the big pool today, but finally went down the twisty slide on the playground at the pool!  He's been scared to do it, but I suppose watching a few girls go down it immediately before him gave him the confidence to do it and he of course loved it and then went down the slide again about 10 more times before we left.

After the pool, we came home for our afternoon nap.  After naptime, we went over to Levi and Julien's house to celebrate Oma's birthday (yesterday).  I love watching Ryan interact with his cousins - you can tell he loves them and loves to be around him.  Just the other day, Ryan said "Julien is my best.  Levi is my best, too."  I'm assuming he's referring to a "best friend" - which I'm not quite sure how he's picked up on that concept - and that just tugs at my heart!  

All in all, today was a pretty low-key kind of day.  We'll see what's in store for tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment