Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer 2015 - Lucas William Akinc

He's here!  He's here!!  Lucas William Akinc was born on Sunday, June 28th at 6:30am.  He was 7lbs 14oz and 21 inches long with lots of hair!




Lucas's birth was awesome - seriously.  Labor not so much, but I had a fantastic labor and delivery nurse (Danielle) who was just incredible and made the experience that much more enjoyable.  The doctor on call was a doctor I had never met before (my OB/GYN shares on-call duties with another practice), but Dr. Segal was awesome awesome awesome and really encouraged me to experience the birth.  Either way, it was incredible and awesome and something I will never forget.  

We waited until we were up in our hospital room before allowing visitors, and Joe and I really wanted Ryan to be the first one to meet his baby brother.  




Ryan came into the room with a big big smile, and the look on his face was something I hope I never ever forget.  He was so excited and so happy to meet his baby brother.  He gave Lucas lots and lots of kisses and gentle hugs and has been absolutely wonderful with him.  Ryan is such a fantastic big brother!








One of my favorite pictures of Lucas

My three boys :)  I love Ryan's ridiculous smile in this picture :)

Best Big Brother EVER!
We were discharged from the hospital on my and Joe's anniversary (Happy Anniversary, my love!) and have spent a lot of time at home, getting to know the newest addition to our family.  We love having this one-on-one time with Ryan and Lucas.

Lucas is so far a pretty easygoing baby - doesn't cry a whole lot and is a BIG eater.  He had some issues with his bilirubin levels in the beginning but those have since been cleared up and he's doing fantastically well.  At 8 days after birth, he was already 8lbs 5 oz!  Such a big growing boy!  Nights are going decently well overall - he usually feeds and then goes back to sleep.  Let's just hope he keeps that pattern up!

No comments:

Post a Comment