Thursday, March 15, 2012

14 weeks!

14 weeks!  Here he is:

This past week, Joe was out galavanting in San Francisco and Las Vegas on one of his "work trips" (read: an excuse for him and some coworkers to get together and drink profusely all under the guise of a "conference" or a "meeting") and I played "single mom" for a couple of nights (can you tell I'm a little passive aggressive?).  KUDOS TO ALL SINGLE MOMS OUT THERE--it was definitely not easy!!  I got LOTS of alone time with Ryan though, and there are plenty plenty more silver linings.  Ryan hitting his 3 month growth spurt (I think? I hope??) during this alone time was not really one of those silver linings, but really made me appreciate everything Joe does to help me out and to take care of Ryan, too.  It was NOT easy to do this on my own.  Tia Karen spent the night at our house while Joe was gone, so I wouldn't feel so alone and so that if I needed someone in the middle of the night, she would be there to help me out.  Ryan had a couple of rough nights (and one REALLY REALLY rough night), but overall, we had a good time.

Overall, it was a pretty eventful week this past week.  Ryan and I went over to my friend Bonnie's house for dinner one night while Joe was gone and spent some time with Bonnie's two little boys.  Jenni came over with her little girl London (3 weeks older than Ryan) to join the party, too!  Here are some pics of our babies (we all gave birth within 3.5 months of each other):

Kayden (22 mo.), Crosby (6 mo.), London (4 mo.), Ryan (3 mo.)

Crosby, London, and Ryan.  Ryan is watching TV.



London trying to hold Ryan's hand.  She's very forward :)

I suppose since our last doctor's appointment, Ryan seemed to be on the smaller side for height/weight so I'm not expecting him to be called a "big baby".  However, seeing that he's just a smidge smaller than Bonnie's youngest son, Crosby, who is 6 months old, I think I really do have a monster on my hands! 

Ryan has started laughing more frequently now and he is such a smiley baby!  I FINALLY caught his laugh on video for everyone to enjoy.  Hearing him laugh is the best thing ever :)

I like that he stops laughing as soon as I stop tickling him :)  He is usually very camera shy with my phone and immediately stops whatever he's doing to look at my phone when I try to take a picture or video of him with it.

Ryan's also learned a new way to roll over.  Instead of pushing up with his hands and rolling over by using his shoulders, he now pushes with his legs until his butt is waaaaayyyyy up in the air, and then leans it over to one side, and viola! He rolls over.  He's really started to push more with his legs in general, and LOVES to stand up.  He's even tried to crawl a couple of times with his legs, or so it seems.  Again, I think I'm going to have an early mover on my hands.  He has also discovered his feet and loves to grab onto them when he's on his activity mat or when he is getting his diaper changed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment