Thursday, March 29, 2012

16 weeks!

I can't believe our baby is 16 weeks old!


Technically taken on Wednesday, but TOO CUTE not to share!!
This past week has been an adjustment for everyone.  I returned to work for the full week, which means that Oma watched Ryan during the day and Joe was in charge of Ryan's morning routine.  This working-mom-for-40-hours-a-week deal is going to require lots and lots of time to adjust to.  It's not easy!

One of my biggest fears about returning to work was that I was going to miss some of Ryan's milestones.  My fear was confirmed on my 3rd day of work.  BEHOLD--our wonderful, special, beautiful, smart, determined little boy showcasing his skills:



When I called my parents' house to check in on Ryan for the 4857th time on Friday, my mom said "Oh, he's doing just fine!  He's been rolling a lot from his back to his belly, and just having a good time".  As if this was nothing.  As if this was normal.  As if he had DONE THIS BEFORE!  We missed a major milestone!! :(  But anyway, Ryan is quite the roller now!  He LOVES rolling from his back to his belly, and then he gets super frustrated with being on his belly, but won't roll back to his back.  It's really cute. 

Ryan has also discovered his feet and grabs them whenever he has a chance.  When you combine that with his love of putting things in his mouth, you can see that feet + mouth = happiness for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment