Monday, July 28, 2014

Summer 2014 - Days 39 & 40

Saturday, July 26th - Day 39 & Sunday, July 27th - Day 40

These days were pretty much a blur for me.  We got back to our house after midnight from California and we were pretty jetlagged.  Another lesson learned - don't book a "girls weekend" anywhere after you've been away from home for almost 3 weeks straight AND with jetlag.  I shoved some clothes from one suitcase to another to go see my old college roommates in Charlotte for the night on Saturday morning, drove to Charlotte, and had my roommate reunion.  Since I wasn't at home for most of the day on Saturday, these pictures are courtesy of Joe.  This was kind of a milestone for me, since this was the first night that I wasn't with Ryan for a "fun" reason.

Anyway, Ryan had a BALL with Joe.  They went to Target, where Ryan got a light saber (his reward for being such a good boy on the airplane and in the car during our California trip); they went to the pool; they went to the park; they spent a lot of quality time together.  I missed them so much and was very happy to be home mid-afternoon on Sunday to hug and snuggle my favorite boys.  Joe reported that Ryan was super good for him, very happy, and tons of fun while I was gone :)  Maybe I'll have to leave Ryan with him more often! ;)

Getting his "light saver" - he is SO SO happy!!  He even has a REAL smile! :)

SO SO EXCITED!

hanging out at the pool

some post-nap light saber action

dinnertime!

doing "pull ups" on the learning tower while eating macaroni and cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment