Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer 2014 - Days 43 & 44

Wednesday, July 30th - Day 43

The weather has been gorgeous the past few days!  I went for a morning run before Ryan woke up - I love how peaceful things are really early in the morning.  After Ryan got up, we went and met some of my coworkers for a playdate.  Ryan had a fantastic time - I had a great time catching up with coworkers that I forgot to take any pictures :(  Before dinner, we all went to the park and took full advantage of this "early fall in July" weather we have going on.  Ryan had lots of fun going down the "big boy slide", swinging on the swings, and learning to use the sand excavator.
Deciding what to play on first.

"Push me higher, Daddy!"

Sliding down the big boy slide!

Trying to figure out how the sand excavator works...

Daddy helps him out!
So right now, Ryan is going through a big "I love Daddy" phase.  Everything is "Daddy this" or "Daddy that".  Daddy needs to help him get dressed.  Daddy needs to push him on the swings.  He needs to sit next to Daddy during dinner.  Daddy needs to stay and snuggle with him during bedtime.  The list can go on and on and on right now.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE that Ryan loves his daddy so much and Joe is THE BEST FATHER to Ryan.  I LOVE their relationship and love to watch them together!  However, tonight, when Ryan changed the title of one of his bedtime stories from "Where's my Mommy?" to "Where's my Daddy?", it tugged at my heart just a little bit because EVERYTHING right now is about Daddy!  I know it's just a phase (and it's honestly a nice change from MommyMommyMommyMommyMommy most of the time) and Joe is eating it up right now :)

Thursday, July 31st - Day 44

It's the end of July - where has the summer gone?? I can't believe summer is beginning to wind down :(  It makes me a little sad to know that my days of playing with Ryan, doing whatever we want to do, are slowly coming to an end...I guess that just means I need to jam pack these last few weeks with lots of fun, cuddles, laughs, and awesome memories!

Today, Ryan got to go for a run in the jog stroller.  We ran some errands and then spent the afternoon at the pool.  Ryan had SO MUCH FUN at the pool today!  We started off in the baby pool, but then Ryan said "I want to go to the big pool".  I put him in his puddle jumper and away we went to the big pool.  The past few times that I've taken Ryan to the big pool, he's been a little hesitant to stand on his own or do anything that didn't involve clinging onto my arms or hands to make sure he was safe.  Today was a different story - he was walking all along the shallow end (up to 3.5 feet) as long as he could touch the bottom, he was jumping into the pool from the side WITHOUT me catching him, and he even floated on his own a couple of times and didn't mind it!  I'm so proud of him!!  He was LOVING it, too!  Hopefully this means he'll want to spend more time in the big pool instead of the baby pool.  I really want him to become comfortable in the water and be a pool rat in his childhood :)  There's something magical about spending summers at the pool when you're a kid - and I hope that this is something Ryan values as well!

Having fun in the little pool

"I need to water the cement"

me and my sweet boy

For dinner, we went over to my awesome friend Jill's (and Scott's) house for dinner and to meet their newest addition to their family!  Because we were out of town for so long, this was the first real chance we had to meet baby Nathan (who is a month old tomorrow!).  Ryan had a lot of fun playing with Alexandra (blowing bubbles and going fishing) and we ate some tasty food :)

Fishing for fish - in the tree, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment