Saturday, June 20, 2015

Summer 2015 - Day 3 & 4

Friday, June 19th - Day 3
Today was another low-key day for us.  We spent some time in the morning making crayon soup (read: where Ryan gets a big jug of water, swishes his watercolors around in it, puts crayons in it for "flavoring" and then dumps it from container to container).  My sweet boy LOVES playing with water - he always has.  When he took his first bath as a newborn, he didn't cry at all and even now, he loves spending time in the bath.  We also made lots of food with his playfoods and Ryan pretended to be head chef.








That afternoon, Ryan went over to Levi and Julien's house to hang out with them for a little bit while I got my hair done :)  I know it's going to be a long long time until I can get my hair cut again, so I figured I needed to get that done sooner than later.

After a nice dinner at Titi and Uncle Nick's house, we went home to start our weekend.  Overall, a very lazy, happy Friday!


Saturday, June 20th - Day 4
We started our Saturday by playing some Legos and building some towers.  Ryan is really beginning to become more interested in Legos.  He sometimes fixates on specific pieces (like the colored see-through cylinder pieces), but overall, I think he's really beginning to enjoy them.

Ryan's learning how to wink.  Too cute!

Legos everywhere!

After building with Legos and building some towers, we went to the pool.  Last summer, we spent a lot of our time in the baby pool splashing around and playing with water squirters.  So far this summer, Ryan is really beginning to enjoy being in the big pool and wants to spend a lot of his time in the shallow section, learning how to float (with his puddle jumper), kicking his legs, etc.  He's becoming more and more comfortable with being in the pool, which makes me so happy.  I guess I need to get him started on those swimming lessons and soon!


Ryan's expression when we told him it was time to go home.


My sweet silly boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment