Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer 2015 - Day 7 & 8

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - Day 7

Ya'll, it's HOT.  The high temp today was 100 degrees.  I. CAN'T. STOP. SWEATING.  We started the day by eating porridge (Ryan's request).  After reading, building some towers, and watching an episode of Curious George, I had to go to a dentist appointment so I dropped Ryan off at Oma and Opa's house for a little bit.  He absolutely loves going to Oma and Opa's house - I think it's because he knows he runs the show there.  Sure enough, by the time I returned from my dentist appointment (which was the fastest dentist appointment I've ever had - they moved quickly because I'm so pregnant and shouldn't be on my back for extended periods of time), Ryan had eaten a bowl of strawberries (one of his favorites) and had an ice cream cone - all in about a 45 minute time frame.  Oma checked on her garden and came back to report that there were some tomatoes that needed picking - and Ryan was SO EXCITED.  He showed me the garden and helped pick the three cherry tomatoes that were ready for picking.  He also showed me the green bell pepper that he's been keeping his eyes on, waiting for it to be ready to be picked.
He's so excited and proud of the tomatoes!


I had planned to go to the pool today with Ryan after my dentist appointment, but it was too hot to even go to the pool.  I knew the baby pool would be like a bath and I couldn't imagine being in the big pool with the sun bearing down on us.  So, we nixed the pool idea and stayed at home (and inside most of the time).  We played with the spray bottle on the porch (Ryan loves it) and Ryan made some more crayon soup.  After awhile, we came inside and after some bribing, we took a much needed nap.  About the bribing - Ryan has quite an extensive list of delay tactics to prevent him from taking a nap when I want him to take a nap.  Today's tactic - he wanted me to read him a book (Little Blue Truck's Christmas).  Ok, fine, one book.  But I had to read it downstairs, not upstairs.  And then when I was finished, he wanted to "read" the book to me - that lasted about two pages (where he summarized what was going on on those pages and in the pictures) and then he said "I don't know how to read this, will you read it to me?".  So one book, one time, turned into two times.  And then when we were finished with that second time, he tried REALLY hard to get me to read him another book.  This boy is a negotiator!


Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - Day 8
We started off today going to my work mom's morning at Chick-Fil-A (read: where the kids play in the play area, and we sit right outside of it and catch up).  Ryan usually has a good time attending and playing with my coworkers kids (who mostly are about Ryan's same age, plus or minus a year) and today was no different.

Afterwards, we dropped off the completed paperwork for preschool and then took a trip to Marbles.  I love that Ryan loves Marbles.  There were lots of groups there today, so for awhile, Ryan seemed to be a little overwhelmed with all of the big kids there, particularly in the money room.  After playing in the money room for some time, we ventured to the energy room and then Ryan wanted to go play in the pirate ship and in the splash area before leaving.




Waiting patiently for the piggy bank to open up

Ryan LOVED it when the piggy bank was emptied







Psht, woman, I don't need a smock!

After a nice lunch with Meaghan, we went home and took a nice long nap (I know my days are numbered with long naps - moreso for me than for Ryan).  After we woke up, we played a little bit outside before dinner - it was actually decent weather this evening - not too hot and not too humid in comparison to how it's been the past few days.  It made me look forward to the evenings where we go for walks before/after dinner, just like last summer.




The spray bottle and watercolors can entertain Ryan for hours!
We took a trip to the special ice cream store after dinner, and then spent some time stargazing and looking at the planets.  Today was such a great summer day!




No comments:

Post a Comment