Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer 2015 - Day 5 & 6

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - Day 5

Happy Father's Day!  Ryan and I woke up and made a special trip to Duck Donuts (Joe's breakfast request).  Ryan can sometimes be a "my way or the highway" kind of kid in the mornings - but when I told him that we needed to hurry up and get dressed so we could go buy some special donuts for Daddy, he perked right up and said "oh, I need to get dressed! Where are my daytime clothes?"  He was so excited!  Too cute :)  After breakfast, we hung out at home and got some chores done.  For lunch, I ordered BBQ from The Pit so Joe could get his BBQ fix taken care of.  After a nice long nap at home, we ate a very late dinner and then went to bed.  Not a super duper eventful Father's Day, but all of us have been under the weather lately, so it was nice to just spend some quality time with each other.

Some Father's Day presents that Ryan collected to give to Daddy

Happy Father's Day, Joe!  You are THE BEST FATHER to Ryan - you're his playmate, his partner in crime, his best friend.  I love watching your relationship with him change as he gets older.  He loves you so much (even when he's intentionally pressing your buttons), and I love that he has a forever playmate in you.  You're so patient and loving with him (even when I know it's so hard to be patient) and watching you with him tugs at my heart.  I love that Ryan is so happy and smiles so much when he's around you.  He loves you so much and is so lucky to have you as his father!  Happy Father's Day - we love you VERY much!!


One of my favorite pictures of Ryan and Joe

Joe teaching Ryan about the stars and planets

Buddies




Playmates forever






Monday, June 22, 2015 - Day 6
Today was a bit of a "taking care of business" kind of day today.  I know my days are numbered where Ryan is my #1 and all of my multiple-kid friends have told me to get as much done with Ryan as you can before the baby comes - run all the errands, do all the chores, etc because the priority is soon going to be learning how to balance two kids.  We took care of some chores this morning, ran some errands this afternoon, took a nap (which required some bribery).  After negotiating with Ryan for more than an hour, I told him that if he took a nap, he can make some special treats when he woke up.  Two hours later, he's asking me if it's time to make the special treats - so we made some mini-brownies!  He loves to help out in the kitchen and loves to make any kind of "special treats" (whether it's cookies, brownies, smoothies, helping out with dinner, etc).


Cheesin for the camera


Snitching some batter

Such a good helper!

We're still working on the wink
After making the special treats, Ryan took it upon himself to perfect his camera and photography skills.  See below.



Ryan's first selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment