Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer 2014 - Back to work

Friday, August 15th - returning to work
So I went back to work on Friday, August 15th.  It wasn't fun and I could name countless other things that I would rather do than be at work (building towers and trains with Ryan being #1!).  However, I have to try to put a positive spin on things so I won't be so "womp womp" on this blog.  I really do like my job.  The actual job description and working with kids and this age group - I love it.  I really do like my school, too!  And probably the biggest - I really do like my coworkers.  They seriously can make or break a job, and fortunately, I feel like I work with the best people.  SO, going back to work wasn't all that bad - but just really difficult to do after such an awesome summer with my sweet boy!

So, what's a girl gonna do on her first day back?  Facetime with Ryan when he's waking up and getting ready for the day!  This really helped tremendously with the transition back to work.  Joe gets to get up with Ryan every day when I'm at work, so I'm limited to weekends and days off of work.  And just like bedtime, morning time is just as precious because Ryan is usually in such a good mood and is super cuddly and really happy and funny.



After work, I went and picked up Ryan and then came home.  We decided to stay at home and grill since we went out to eat for my last night of summer.  Ryan got some good water-table-time in (sans the water).

I was subconsciously trying to relive such an awesome July 4th by making Ryan wear this shirt.



We also went for our evening walk around the neighborhood, which again helped my transition back to work.  It's nice to know that there are so many things that will continue to be the same, even though I'm back at work.
It was a beautiful night for a walk!

I'm going to miss this in the winter :(



Saturday, August 16th 
After a morning run with Ryan in the jog stroller, Joe decided to finish up our summer mulching project (read: he really wanted to be able to get his car out of the garage and drive it since it's been trapped since the mulch arrived).  Ryan tried to help the best that he could.
Trying to fix the wheelbarrow.

"Daddy, I think it goes right there."

"Daddy, right HERE.  It goes right HERE"

We ventured downtown for a classic car show at the Convention Center once Joe had finished clearing the mulch.  It was pretty cool to see some of those really old cars on display.  Ryan enjoyed looking at the fountains outside of the convention center the most (shocking, I know!).
Looking at the steering wheel.

This car was OLD. And not in the best shape.  But still pretty cool!
Somebody's not very happy right now.

"NO, I'm NOT going to smile" and then he proceeded to cover up his mouth.  I think it's time to go home.

After dinner, Ryan and I started on our special project.  It's our tradition to have a french toast casserole on special occasions and holidays, and since tomorrow is Joe's birthday, we had to get to work!
"Are these pieces small enough, Mommy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment