Sunday, August 24, 2014

Summer 2014 - last weekend of summer

Man, I'm stretching out this summer break.  This past weekend was my last weekend of summer.  School officially starts tomorrow.  SO, I guess the 180-day countdown to Summer 2015 begins tomorrow! :)

We started the weekend off by making bacon and cheese biscuits - SO GOOD!  Going to have to make this more of a priority on the weekends :)

Chowing down!
We decided to venture out to the Cary Lazy Daze festival.  I'd never been before.  Neither had Joe.  Neither had Ryan (obviously).  We met up with a friend and we laughed - oh, how we laughed - and had a great time.  Am I going to go there again?  Probably not.  I don't need anything that was being sold and it was HOT outside.  Like humid, hot, sweat-rolling-down-your-back HOT.  I think we spent more time in the air-conditioned movie theater just hanging out in the lobby than anywhere in the festival.  Either way, there were memories that were made there and laughs for years to come :)

Ryan playing in the "snow"

Family photo!
We came home and Ryan and Joe had some snuggle time.

My two favorite boys!
After Ryan took his nap, we went to one of his friend's 3rd birthday party!  Ryan had such a fantastic time - eating cupcakes, playing with water balloons, driving the car, jumping on the trampoline - what's not to love??

Mmmmm, chocolate cupcakes!

Testing out the suspension.

Ryan didn't like that I made him stop jumping to take this picture.
Since Saturday was such a busy day, we decided to take it a little easy on Sunday.  Someone was being a little silly this morning:
He's got this thing with wearing my shoes.  And Joe's shoes.  Really, anyone's shoes but his own.


We went to the park after breakfast since it was a BEAUTIFUL day today (seemed very "fall"ish in terms of the weather).

Silly boy!

Ryan and Joe doing "elliot" (think E.T.) on the swings.  Love!


Taking a break from all the sliding and swinging.
We ran some errands the rest of the day and grilled for my official official kids-come-tomorrow last night of summer.  All in all, it was a fantastic weekend - can't wait to pack next weekend with more fun events and silly moments!

Funny things Ryan said this weekend:
--"My hands are made of...me?"
--"JOOOOOEEEEE.......JOE, log off of the computer and come downstairs"
--"Helen, are you laughing....because I called you 'Helen'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment