Friday, August 29, 2014

Summer 2014 - week leading up to Labor Day weekend

Monday, August 25th - Friday, August 29th 
This past week was pretty exhausting.  It is pretty obvious that I got out of "work" mode and mindset this past summer, so this week seemed to drag by.  I remember waking up on Wednesday morning and feeling like my level of energy seemed closer to it being a Friday than a Wednesday.  Oy.

To boost my spirits of having to work, I tried to make dinner way more enjoyable and put forth more effort into meal planning instead of just throwing something together when I got home from work.  This worked for about two days, but hey, that's a start, right?

Here's my favorite meal from the week:




SO DELICIOUS.  It's definitely a meal that just tastes like summer.

In other non-food-related news, Ryan thoroughly enjoyed his time at Oma and Opa's this past week.  One day when I went to pick Ryan up, he told me "Julien is my best".  AWWWWWW.  They apparently spent the afternoon throwing rocks into a big bucket of water and watching them splash all around.  So much fun!  Oma said this occupied them for a long long time :)  Another day, all three boys went down to see Mr. Frog and Peter Rabbit:


We took a couple of after-dinner walks and spent some time outside this week:
I love this boy :) 


Daddy showing Ryan how it's done.

I really miss spending my entire day with Ryan.  I don't get up with him in the morning or get him dressed, I don't fix him breakfast...it's really sad that typically, I only see Ryan from 4pm until he goes to bed at night.  And part of that time, Ryan ends up falling asleep because he won't nap at Oma's (why nap when you can play with Julien and Levi?) and so he'll fall asleep on the way home and will sleep from 5:00pm until 6:30 or so.  It makes the weekends so much more important in terms of spending quality time with our little family and doing stuff together.  LUCKILY, we have a 3 day weekend coming up to spend lots of time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment