Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer 2014 - Day 47 & 48

Sunday, August 3rd - Day 47

Another typical summer morning for us!  We started out by eating some porridge and building trains and towers:



Ryan ran some errands with Joe, so I took advantage of the free time and went for a run sans the jog stroller.  After errands, we ate lunch (macaroni and cheese) and finished some chores around the house.  We took dinner to another friend who just had a baby and spent some time with them.  Afterwards, we went to Oma and Opa's house for the traditional Sunday night dinner - where Ryan got to eat an ice cream cone!

I love my cousin and I love my ice cream!

Chomp, chomp, chomp!

We came back home and went for our evening walk (I'm forcing Joe and Ryan into making this a more regular thing - we went way to late tonight and walked in the dark for about half of the walk, just to get the walk in).  What a great end to the weekend!


Monday, August 4th - Day 48
Ryan and I slept in again this morning (9am - woo hoo!).  Remember when he used to NEVER sleep and I would crave crave crave for long uninterrupted sleep?  I guess he's deciding to grant my wishes now - which is much appreciated since I can take full advantage of it on my summer break.

After a breakfast of bran flakes - yes, bran flakes (it's an Opa thing) - we went for a run in the jog stroller.  The run was much harder today than yesterday, but still an awesome run!
Gotta make sure lots of flakes are in every bite!

We got dressed, ate a quick lunch, and then headed off to Marbles to play.  This is where I went wrong.  A big huge mommy fail.  Marbles isn't open on Mondays.  I parked, got Ryan out of the car, and then right before we walked up to Marbles, I remembered that MARBLES IS CLOSED ON MONDAYS.  Whoops!  This is what summer brain will do to you, I suppose!  So instead (and after I promised and reassured Ryan that we would make a trip later this week), I called Jan and we went over to play with Levi and Julien.  This was a great option and Ryan always has so much fun playing with them!

Watch out below!

All the boys swinging! (plus Jan!)

on the big boy swing!

Practicing some swings!

After an afternoon nap and a post-nap cuddling session, we played a little bit more, ate dinner, and took our after-dinner walk around the block:

"I need to run away right now" 

Giving me a big smile

"I need to yell......AHHHHHHHHH"
Everything is "I need" right now.  I need to run.  I need to yell.  I need to do it.  I need to buckle the straps.  I need to take my diaper off.  I need to go downstairs.  I need to turn it on.  I need, I need, I need.  Whenever I asked Ryan "do you need or do you want", he'll answer "I want", but then goes right back to "I need".  Ok, sounds good!

This is what we were dealing with on our walk tonight.  Such a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment